Wednesday, June 8, 2011

THE HIDDEN LIFE- works of Maria Valtorta "With a Canticle, Anne Announces that She Is a Mother."

Glory to the Almighty Lord Who had love for the children of David. [ Glory to the Lord!

His supreme grace has visited me from Heaven

The old tree has borne a new branch and I am blessed.

At the Feast of Lights hope scattered the seed;

Now the fragrance of Nisan sees it germinating.

Like an almond‑tree my flesh is adorned with flowers in spring.

In the evening she perceives she is bearing her fruit.

On that branch there is a rose, there is a most sweet apple.

There is a bright star, an innocent little child.

There is the joy of the house, of the husband and wife.

Praise be to God, to my Lord, Who had mercy on me.

His light said to me: "A star will come to you."

Glory, glory! Yours shall be the fruit of this tree.

The first and last, holy and pure as a gift of the Lord.

Yours it shall be and may joy and peace come upon the earth.

Fly, shuttle. Fasten the yarn for the infant's cloth.

The infant is about to be born. May the song of my heart rise to God

No comments:

Post a Comment